The SEO world is constantly changing, and innovations may break bold ground that hasn't been seen elsewhere. For instance, many companies are focusing heavily on voice search SEO, particularly as mobile use becomes more common. Understanding this process can help you better plan for your new upgrades and ensure that you stay on top of the tech bubble in this field.
"What is Voice Search?" - How Voice Search is Changing SEO
Voice search is a new technology that helps internet users search for various terms and products by speaking. For example, things like Alexa operate on voice search by recognizing a speaker's voice and command. This process has been integrated as voice SEO in a few ways, including:
- Performing Searches: People using various devices, including cell phones, laptops, and even watches, may perform quick voice searches simply by speaking. This option usually includes an activating command, such as pushing a button or saying a specific phrase.
- Returning Content: After performing a voice search, the device typically provides various content for the users. This content may include websites, blogs, and news articles, among other things. Some voice searches may even read this information back aurally to the user.
- Focusing Advertising: The rise of voice search SEO is vital for companies to take seriously, even if the technology seems less than perfect. That's because tech is constantly improving, and the chances of identifying appropriate advertising channels may be wide open for many businesses.
Benefits of Voice Search Optimization
Voice search optimization is fast becoming essential for any company that wants to thrive in today's online market. You can't ignore this process, mainly because it can exist alongside your other SEO steps. Just a few reasons why you might want to perform voice search SEO include:
- Increasing Voice Searches: It has become clear that voice searches are taking over the market, as nearly 50% of all internet users do at least one voice search a day. As this number increases, your voice search SEO needs to be as strong as possible to keep your company competitive.
- Improving Voice Search Speed: People who use voice search typically do so because they don't want to type. However, with an increasing voice search speed (especially with higher-quality technology), it is more likely that a search will come from a person's voice.
- Bettering Accuracy: While voice recognition technology still has some room to grow in some sectors, it has become more accurate every year. Soon, it will adapt to a person's specific speaking patterns and understand what they say most of the time, if not every time.
- Improving Local SEO Services: As local companies jump into the SEO market, voice searches serve them well. In addition, people often use straightforward terms and phrases when searching in their local area, meaning it could heavily benefit smaller companies.
- Quickening Answering Speeds: Voice search may not only input faster than text commands but return results sooner. As a result, more and more people are likely to switch to it, and your company is more likely to get better search results when using voice search optimization options.
How To Optimize for Voice Search
If you want to know how to optimize for voice search, it is essential to understand how people talk and how they use voice search. Then, it is critical to create voice search SEO protocols that improve your overall operation. Here are a few steps that may help you in this process:
- Address the Five W's: Answer “who, what, where, when, and why” when creating your voice search optimization. Just think about how people ask questions, such as “where is the nearest gas station to me?” to get an idea of what kind of SEO you may need.
- Use Many Keywords: Continually expand your keyword options, including long-tail keywords. It is good to have at least 30-50 words for your list, including complicated answers. In addition, your keyword tone should be conversational and informal to boost your overall SEO presence.
- Optimize Towards Positive Zero: Positive zero refers to any search result on the top of the page. Try to adjust your keywords and SEO to be the most likely answer for a question. This may include checking dictionary definitions and phrasing them similarly but differently to get great results.
- Follow Speech Patterns: Understand how your potential customers talk and fit your SEO into those patterns. You might be leaving out some words or even putting in grammatically incorrect keywords. That is okay as long as your content is strong and is appropriately edited.
- Don't Ignore Local Searches: Always pay attention to local searches, as these are often the most commonly sought item with voice searches. Also, please pay attention to the Schema, including all of your content's metadata, and adjust it to meet the needs of your voice search optimization.
- Add Questions in Your Text: When creating your keywords in your voice search SEO, make sure that you add questions to your content that reflect real questions a customer may add. Keep these questions grammatically correct but connect them to other related keywords.
Paying Attention to Voice Search Optimization
If you take the time to handle these steps correctly, you should have little trouble with your voice search SEO. Ensure that you pay attention to the little things when handling this process. Remember: your voice search optimization may differ from your standard SEO steps. However, they can still work together to provide you with the high-quality marketing spread you need.