Capturing business success online means working to balance what a potential buyer needs to know to make the decision to buy with search engine strategies that ultimately decide if those buyers wind up on your website. At the heart of this is e-commerce SEO, a method of search engine optimization tailored especially to fit the e-Commerce business.
What Is E-commerce SEO?
An e-commerce business is any website that is selling products to a buyer. SEO for online stores is critical as it ensures that when people type a product you sell into the search engine they learn about your e-commerce website. With a well designed plan for SEO for e-commerce website use, it’s possible to bring in people who want to learn about your products as well as those ready to buy. Yet, SEO for e-commerce can be confusing.
You’re an expert in your product and your customers. When you reach out to a team for e-commerce SEO help, they’ll manage the decision-making to ensure your site performs well. Nevertheless, you should understand exactly what is being done and why.
How Local Businesses Utilizes E-Commerce SEO to Achieve Results
A common mistake that local businesses make is believing that they don’t have to worry about e-commerce SEO. You may be hoping to attract people who are going to buy your products and services in person in your physical store, but in reality, you still need them to find you. The right e-commerce keywords and strategies deliver that type of success to you.
One of the best e-commerce SEO tips is to utilize keywords designed to attract a local audience. That may include using keywords with the local city’s name in them. This helps a person who is looking for a product near where they live to find it easily.
As a local business, e-commerce SEO is even more important if you are selling directly on your website. This is one of the most important changes for many small businesses in the last year due to the need to reach customers at a distance. By allowing customers to browse products, add them to a shopping cart, and either ship them or pick them up, companies have kept their doors open. In this case, product page SEO is also important. It helps to ensure that people – no matter if they are local or at a distance – find your products and can easily and quickly purchase them.
SEO for E-Commerce Success: How It Works
Numerous components go into the process of e-commerce SEO. It starts with keyword research, a process that involves learning as much about your products and services as possible and then determining what words people are typing into search engines to find what you need. E-commerce keywords need to achieve several goals:
- Fit your product and what people are searching for
- Provide enough versatility to attract the target buyer – the person most likely to buy
- Fit with the competition – a keyword that’s too simplistic or specific may be too hard to rank for in the search engines because others are doing the same thing
- Help with branding and recognition of your product
- Match your budget when it comes to advertising
It’s never wise to skip SEO keyword research. Even if you know your product or service well, chances are good you don’t know everything relevant that’s being typed into the search engines.
There are various tools and e-commerce SEO strategies to use including:
- Amazon keyword research to determine if customers are buying your products on Amazon (and how they are doing so)
- Competitor keyword research to find out what your local and web-based competitors are using
- SEO tools offered by Ahrefs, Moz, or Google can provide very specific insights into which keywords get the best results
Best Practices for SEO for E-Commerce Websites
For e-commerce SEO best practices, keep a few of these tips in mind:
- Ensure keywords fit your products specifically.
- Use the long tail keywords as well as very specific keywords to attract a larger audience.
- Use keywords in the right places such as meta descriptions, alt text in images, and in headers – you want to make your point.
- Never stuff. Too many keywords limit the search engines from ranking your site well and make your website hard to read.
- Ensure you keep up with keyword strategies as they change over time.
Why Go with a Pro for SEO E-commerce?
Utilize a professional to help with all aspects of e-commerce SEO to ensure your money advertising is effective and that your website gets access to the traffic it needs. This can define your company’s success.